I had read something today that said the Texas boat parade (there were several across the country, even in CA) was caused by larger boats making the waves that caused the smaller boats to sink. Also symbolic of the guys with not enough money to buy the large boats hoping to be in solidarity with the rich guys with huge boats and the rich guys not giving two shits about what they were doing that would harm the smaller boats. Pretty good analogy for the class system of the US.
I also read an article on NPR of an interview with a Yale professor who is a fascism scholar and he said every quality Trump has is exactly what fascism is all about. Textbook case.
Passing this along so others can share it.... If the Democratic Presidential/VP ticket is not the pair you would have chosen — as disappointed as you may be — please remember:
1. You're not just voting for President.
2. You're voting for who replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.
3. You're voting for the next Secretary of Education and getting rid of the horrible Betsy Devos.
4. You're voting for federal judges.
5. You're voting for the rule of law.
6. You're voting for saving national parks.
7. You're voting for letting kids out of cages.
8. You're voting for clean air and clean water.
9. You're voting for scientists to be allowed to speak about climate change and for rebuilding the CDC.
10. You're voting for what a President says and does on Twitter.
11. You're voting for housing rights.
12. You're voting for LGBTQ people to be treated with dignity.
13. You're voting for non-Christians to be able to adopt and to feel like full citizens.
14. You're voting for Dreamers.
15. You're voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire.
16. You're voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
17. You're voting for rural hospitals.
18. You're voting so that someone else can have health insurance.
19. You're voting for the preservation of PBS.
20. You're voting to have a President who doesn't embarrass this country every time she or he attends an international meeting.
21. And you're voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
22. You're voting for sensible gun laws.
No Democrat is perfect. Your first AND second choices may have dropped out. But the nominee, no matter who they are, won't be perfect. They won't pass your purity test. Yet they will be better than four more years of Trump!!!
✅Vote early but DON'T vote often, that's ILLEGAL!!! ✅Make a plan to vote, and help others do the same. ✅ Use a designated ballot drop box or as almost all states allow voters to deliver their ballots in person at their local election office, or your polling place. To find a list of local election offices, you can search your state Board of Elections website or Secretary of State website. ✅ Become a poll worker!
his press secretary is of course already saying "he never lied to the american people." one of her many lies since she was hired.
he did say that the book would be full of "fake" his favorite word of the day all day everyday. just like hitler.
"Hitler’s form of politics gained mass support when the Great Depression brought to Germany a new series of global shocks. One of the consequences of that economic crisis (as of the one of 2008) was the collapse of independent newspapers, an institution Hitler always denounced as a Jewish “enemy of the people.” As the voices of journalists were weakened, the propagandists delivered the coup de grâce. By then, Hitler and the Nazis had found the simple slogan they repeated again and again to discredit reporters: “Lügenpresse.” Today the extreme right in Germany has revived this term, which in English is “fake news.”
He defends "down playing" the virus to avoid causing a panic.* Press sec today says he never down played it. They just lie to your face. Yeah, also that he has never lied to the American people. This just gets more and more bizarre as time goes on. Bizarre in that so many voters don't care about any of this and still want four more years.
*But, let's all panic about violence in the streets please.