Welcome! This is a thread for people who want to attend a meeting from the comfort of their own home. We are primarily a PointsPlus board (Go Team Yellow!) but all are welcome to revel in the GHG's, 16 Routines, and topics that never get old.
If you're new here, feel free to introduce yourself! If you have anything to celebrate, share and give yourself a bravo sticker: + If you want to make it official, you can weigh yourself and put it in your tracker or share it! If you need some accountability, feel free to post daily how you’re doing on PP/GHG’s.
This Week's Topic: How Household Chores Earn You Activity PointsPlus Values
- Do you see daily activity like this as being beneficial to your weight loss journey? Definitely. Any activity is better than sitting.
- What's something you could do today? Other than general cleaning or yard work, I try to work in extra steps with chores. Ideas include:
Grocery shopping- Walk up & down as many aisles as possible. Even if you don't need that aisle, you've added on quite a few steps. Skip aisles that might trigger you (like the candy or cookie aisle). When I get home, I take one bag into the house at a time.
Dishes- My cabinet for my dishes is in my dining room. So when I'm putting away the dishes, I take one plate/bowl into the cabinet at a time. If I have plenty of time, I add a lap around my dining room table after each piece.
Laundry- Same idea as above. I fold the clothes in another room than my bedroom. Fold one piece & walk it into the bedroom to put away.
Talking on the phone- Walk while you're talking instead of sitting.
-What would your reward be? The reward for me has to be just adding extra steps to my day. Otherwise, I'd reward myself with junk with eliminates any benefit.
My Mantra is "Get Fit For The Trip" (going to Scotland with my daughter in July and perhaps on to the USA to see family)
Exercise will increase gradually so I am ready for the trip
Weight will decrease since I am counting original points and tracking original exchanges and tracking on paper and MFP - scale down this morning...tracking in my journal and on MFP
- Do you track your chores?
Yes - I start a thread daily on the Simply Filling section of the boards that is "How Many Minutes" and all activity counts...not sure I count the points but often will see how many calories I have burned by putting it into MFP
- Do you see daily activity like this as being beneficial to your weight loss journey?
- What's something you could do today? What would your reward be? Already did some pruning of the rosemary bush...it does look nicer out there though our cat doesn't have a place to lurk and hide any more...it will grow back.
This Week’s Routine: (5) After each meal and snack, decide how many PointsPlus values you’ll use for your next meal or snack. I haven't always done this but as I track during the day do tally as I go along so have an idea of how many are left and by evening determine what to eat depending on how many points are left. I also sometimes plan lower point meals around an expected higher point meal.
GHG of the Week: Choose whole-grain foods whenever possible I do this...usually...but hubby doesn't seem to like brown rice as well as white rice and recently also bought some white pasta instead of whole wheat...ah well...At least I count points no matter what
Meal of the Week: Lunch ~ What are you having for lunch? The chicken salad would make a good sandwich filling, too, perhaps using less of it inside of a wrap or on top of a slice of bread
Today's lunch will probably be:
* radish greens + wild radish greens boiled and then mixed with lemon juice, chopped onions and a bit of olive oil - kind of like a salad you eat with Lebanese bread or without the bread. PLUS: beans cooked with tomato sauce alone or over basmati rice (not whole grain) or something like that.